- Performance related changes allowing operation to over 400 simultaneous calls (depending on the host) and over 300,000 successive calls with no increase in memory footprint or resource usage.
- Increased ANSI compliance through use of "bool" type and support for for iterators on PTLib types sich as PArray and PList
- Support for transient network interfaces via "socket bundling"
- Multi-protocol support for pause/resume
- Extensive multi-protocol and multi-codec support for options negotiation. Tested with H.264, H.263+, H.264, MPEG4, iLBC and Speex codecs.
- New "C" language interface to OPAL for simplified access to VoIP functions.
- Support for Windows Mobile 5 and 6, and improved support for all embedded and cross compiled environments
- Support for opportunistic media encryption via the ZRTP SDK released by Phil Zimmermann
- Support for SIP over TCP and TCP/TLS